Monday, January 31, 2011

Report from John and Karen, January 31st

John and I walked the beach from south of the Sheraton and Black Rock up to a spot just south of Castaways, then again from the north end of the Mahana up to the north end of Papakea (I checked the south end of  the Mahana this morning when I went to see if I could find those tang-catching spearfishermen), and finally we stopped at Honokawai Park - all in all, we found 13 of the blue Kahekili Management signs and put floppy "bumper stickers" and the laminated fish id cards that Darla uses for her surveys on 9 of them.  4 of them were attached to poles or posts in a way that made it impossible for us to attach the "floppies" to them short of drilling a hole through the actual sign, so we just left those alone.
 
Previously we walked the beach south of the Kahekili Park up to the north end, and south from the Honoapiilani Park - we found 4 signs that day and attached "floppies" on all of them. 
 
That puts our total at 17 signs - Liz, where are the other 3? Didn't you say there were 20?  Is there a map that shows where all 20 are?  My feet are sore!
Karen

1 comment:

Liz said...

I thought there were 20... I'll check on that...